May 22, 2012

Margaritaville

Nothing goes along better with the summer heat like an ice-cold margarita. The sweet, tangy, salty flavor is so refreshing once the temperature starts rising. The margarita is also a surprisingly versatile cocktail.

This past weekend I was in New York City and happened to sample three very different versions of the tequila based beverage. The first was consumed while enjoying a show at the Eastville Comedy Club (my first comedy club experience!!!). I saw that they had a “jalapeno margarita” on the menu and could not pass it up. It was delivered on the rocks and sans salt. The flavor was absolutely perfect; sweet, without being sickeningly so – with a slight kick from the juice of the jalapeno which is one of my favorite flavors. It was a perfect cocktail and went down easily. Unfortunately, due to the bad lighting, I was unable to snap a picture of this masterpiece.

The next day my friend and I were strolling along in the East Village. The heat was starting to make us a bit loopy (anyone else know the feeling??) and we decided that some “pick-me-ups” were absolutely necessary. Once again, margaritas sounded like the perfect solution.

We stumbled across San Loco in the East Village. I ordered the standard lime margarita, frozen with salt. It came served in a mason jar – SO adorbs! I’m a sucker for anything in a jar. It was delicious, sour, sweet, with the perfect underlying notes of that liquor I love to hate – tequila. 

[Frozen Lime Margarita]

My friend ordered the cactus-pear margarita, on the rocks with salt. We had NO idea what a cactus-pear could possibly taste like but thought it sounded festive. The drink came out a bright pink color. My friend described it as tangy, tart, and refreshing! 


[Cactus-Pear Margarita]

Needless to say, both were slurped down in a matter of minutes.

What's your favorite cocktail in the summer?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! We love hearing your thoughts!!