Jul 19, 2012

Let's go to the beach, each

Let's go get away! HAH now that song is stuck in your head right? Ehh, misery loves company! Sorry I'm not sorry! As you are reading this, Ferg and I are on our way to the Jersey Shore for a mini vacation with some girlfriends! On our agenda: catching MAJOR rays, eating seafood, and fist pumping the night away.  I have few essentials that I simply cannot be without while on the beach and here they are in no particular order.






First of all, you will need a good beach bag to carry all your goods in. My favorite bag to use is this Adidas tote bag. It's a pale yellow hue which is perfect for when in the hot sun because it doesn't attract those rays as a black bag would. This bag is also great because it zips up to secure all your personal items and to keep grains of sand out. This bag also has a smaller pocket inside which also zips shut -- perfect to keep your cell phone and keys out of the chaos that is a typical beach bag.






Within that bag, don't forget to put your beach towel! In my opinion - the bigger the better. No one wants a skimpy little hand towel to lay out on! And there is nothing better than sprinting out of the freezing cold ocean and wrapping up in a huge, warmed-by-the-sun towel. Choose a towel in a bright color or crazy pattern, so that it's easy to spot among all the others and you'll be sure never to lose your spot on the beach!






Don't forget your sunscreen!! It's true everyone looks healthier with a tan but remember that will lead to wrinkles and leathery-looking skin. Eww. I'd rather fake my tan then deal with those issues. Since I have super sensitive skin, I use Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby Sunblock Lotion (SPF 60!!) to guarantee that my skin will be protected in those harmful rays.






Hydration is key when you are outside in the heat for more than a couple hours. I always make sure to fill my water bottle with ice and water to prevent dehydration. I use the Lifefactory Glass Water Bottle. I used to use a Nalgene but I hated the way the plastic bottle made the water taste. The Lifefactory bottles are great because they are made of glass but also have a silicone sleeve so they won't shatter if you drop them. Perfect for clumsy people!






If the temperature is high enough, chances are I will be in the ocean 85% of the time. All that frolicking in salt water can definitely do a number on my hair. To stop my locks from becoming a complete rat's nest, I plan on bringing a leave-in detangler/conditioner and a hairbrush. 


So, there you have it! My complete list of beach-bag necessities. 


What do you usually pack in your beach bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! We love hearing your thoughts!!