Jul 10, 2012

Oh, she's just being Miley

Although I am obsessed with fashion, I don’t normally look to up to any one celebrity in particular as my “fashion idol.” However, the last few times Miley Cyrus has stepped out onto the red carpet, I am left drooling over her dresses.  I never used to think of Miley has a fashion icon, but as she matures, I can really see her personality and fashion preferences shining through the gowns she chooses for various events.

This was a dress Miley wore to Muhammad Ali's Celebrity Fight Night. The dress is by Jenny Packham. First of all, I am obsessed with the tangerine hue of this dress. The shade of orange makes it seem like there is a warm aura all around Ms. Cyrus. I also love the cut and flow of the dress. The sheer fabric floats around Miley’s legs and gives the entire gown a dream-like quality.

At the People’s Choice Awards, Miley chose a David Koma gown. I LOVE this dress. It has a retro look to it, yet when she turns around, the dress takes on characteristics that seem to be from the future! This dress reminds me of something Judy Jetson would wear, (ugh I’m totally aging myself with that reference) and I mean that in a good way! The gown has day-glow colored panels in the back, separated by a mesh panel. It also has futuristic cuts and a draped detail in the front which, when paired together, are so complimenting to the woman wearing the dress.

At the Australians In Film Awards Miley wore a Zimmerman gown. This dress got a lot of bad press, but I think because I am a young woman in my 20s I am loving this dress. I would totally wear this cut-out, little black number during  a night out dancing with my ladies! It’s just a really fun dress, and yes maybe it is a bit scandalous but if girls can’t wear dresses like this in their 20s, then when are they supposed to?

For the Oscar's, Miley wore a Roberto Cavalli gown. Ugh, where do I even begin? This dress totally takes Miley out of the teeny-bopper category for me. I love everything about this gown. The color is a light grey with metallic detail – definitely the type of color that would complement any skin tone. The dress has a boat-cut neckline which gracefully leads to a draping back. The gown also has a small train in the back, which adds to the whole gracefulness of the ensemble. I also loved Miley’s makeup for the event. A simple dark-lined eye and a bright red lip give the entire look a classic Hollywood feel. 

Do you like Miley's recent fashion choices as much as I do? Do you look to a certain celebrity for fashion guidance?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! We love hearing your thoughts!!